Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Captain's log:1-25-12 Happy Birthday Johanna!

      I was going to say not much has been happening but, that's just the way we like it!  The big thing this month... We got Grampa to visit the "30 Below" (latitude that is). Good timing too because it was not quite 30 below zero back up north.
                                     Ain't they cute?

        6 days and I think Grampa was finally thawing out. Of course it didn't take him that long to thaw out at the liars table.
         Some of us are perfecting our boating skills.........
     And looking pretty good at it too!  She can go out fishing and not even take the bait! :)  Actually she doesn't need me in the boat at all now.   Should I be worried?
          We are still catching fish too. This 7+ pound black drum was caught right off our dock behind our boat! Unfortunately friend Chrissy caught it not us. Landlubbers might argue that it was in our yard.
Nice catch!

      Oh, Dorene just reminded me that she was the one who actually netted it.

    So I will let Moka tell you about our next big adventure.

      Moka here, " I don't need to tell you that as far as a dog's life goes, I've got it made here. Imagine 10-12 families grillin"  almost every night!!! One beggin glance in the right direction and food just comes flying down from the heavens. ...Steak, chicken, pizza ...it's PARADISE!!!     So, imagine my horror when I hear through dockside conversation that these nuts are going to go cruising again. Yup, something about the "keys"... Keys to what?   We have the key to paradise right here!
        In case you are not aware cruising means leaving these wonderful people (suckers for a begger like me) and worse I hear talk of anchoring out!!!! that means pooping on the swim platform again. :(
I bet you didn't know dogs knew how to make those faces did you?
       Well dog friends,don't worry about me, I have a plan. The "Keys"  are south right? And they are different down there right?    I have a plan to fit right in.....








                                                       Rastafarian begging at its best!

We are leaving Mon. or Tues. I'll let you know how it goes.....(don't worry dock friends, we will be back about March 1st, so save ME some grillin scraps!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment