Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Captain's Log: 10/025/10 (Day 18)

I had to put this picture on today so you know we weren't making this stuff up......
I don't know how to do photoshop so that IS the actual St. Louis Arch in the background....!!  The  downside was that the river was SOOO rough and the barges criss-crossing everywhere that we barely had time to take this picture and get back to business all the while avoiding twigs, logs and trees!!!!
.....this is great fun?????!!!!

As I write this, we are tied to Hoppies Floating fuel barge/dock (south of St. Louis)....the current and barge waves combined  are rocking us violently that there is serious possibility of actually becoming seasick!!! Not something either of us are known for.....(Kris...you would love this---hahaha..)
This is the group at Hoppies (last chance for GAS for 250 miles!)....
Fern...(bottom right blue sweatshirt)....50 years on this dock--she knows it ALL and gave a great mini=seminar to all of us---we love her and we want to take her with!     (To our harbor people---SHE is a true RIVER CHICK/river queen!!!)......she's been there, done that...many times!!


Our group at Hoppies...the last gas stop for a long while!!!   On the channel and LOTS of waves from the barge traffic!!

After going thru St. Louis and burying our bow into a tow's wake, I am seriously concerned about our "riff-raft" friends!! 


Okay...Pam on the "Mint Julep"  had the "appropriate" gloves for "locking thru"....so, okay my "sewing friends"/.......come up with some good ones for me to wear cause the lines/ropes get really slimey going thru the locks and I have to protect my hands!!!!  (posted by Dorene)...jeff told me I had to put that!! ;-))

No comments:

Post a Comment