Sunday, February 20, 2011

Captain's log: 2-20-11

      
     Sorry  Stephen. I guess I thought day to day life in the marina wouldn't qualify as an adventure fix. But , here goes.... cause some of you do need to get your sleep and I know this helps.
     So Dorene usually comes back from yoga on the beach and says something like..."It was wonderful. I finished class and looked out to the ocean and there was a pair of dolphins playing in the surf!"  So not to be out done in my search for zen (because it is a competitive sport) , right? I went to yoga without her and sure enough after class I was coming out of my zen state when I saw something we hadn't seen yet. Dorene was upset because she was sure I had seen a pair of manatees. It's true we haven't seen any yet. I opened my eyes and there they were.... a pair of Amish, playing in the surf, well wading up to his bare ankles. She still had her boots on.  I know there is more manatees than Amish down here so the odds gotta be getting better!
      Speaking of odds $$$$. Everybody that comes to yoga class just throws 2 or more bucks into her beach bag.  Yesterday she had 152 people at class. She does class 3X's per week. You do the math. But I think even allowing for the off season that's like 30 or 40 thousand tax free.  Sorry Hale I think I'm going to set up a fruit stand or something next to her and stay down here.
These next two are from the back of our boat.

       At the end of this week we will untie the dock lines and make the last leg of this years water adventure. We will be traveling approx. 7 miles inland on a canal system thru fresh water to have our boat hauled and stored for the summer. I'll try to take pictures and keep ya- alls up to date with the pickling process.
    
     As I write this Dorene is singing over at the White Elephant . Never gets enough you know. This is her singing at our dock with Denny, another boater.
It was for Bob's birthday.
The kewl guy in the corner is me of course.
     I guess as we go from "water to wheels" I will try to keep the blog going. I might even bore you with a few pics from my son's place ,Maui, at the end of this month.
     Since Dorene is singing right now this post has not been checked for content or spelling (disclaimer)

No comments:

Post a Comment