Monday, February 21, 2011

Captain's log: 2-21-11

     Just got back from the beach. Guess what I saw..... Wait, first does anyone remember the name of the children's book where the frog is chasing the fly but he is not really chasing the fly he is running from the cat who is not really chasing the frog he is running from the dog who is not really chasing the cat but running from the pig... and so on. I can't remember how it ends but anyway......back to the beach..... I thought I would do a little yoga on my own. So I am laying on my little towel about 10 feet from a grassy dune when I spot a black snake about 1 1/2 feet long coming right at me. I think, "why are you chasing me?" Then I realize he is not chasing me because  a big yellow cat comes flying out of the grass and lands on it. Short wrestling match and the cat wins and is carrying off his lunch. I looked around for the dog and the pig but I guess that was a different story.
This is where the snake and the cat came from. If you turn and look the other direction it is more civilized as shown below.

Normally I have this beach almost to myself but, today is presidents day. (no school)
     When we started this trip we had a picture of me in my dinghy on the Mississippi so I thought a pic of me in my dinghy on Ski Alley (just off the ICW) would be appropriate.

I'll see if I can find the other pic....
Found it! Boy the water just looks cold . Doesn't it? What's that in the bacground? Is that a hill? Haven't seen one of those more than 10 feet tall in quite awhile.  
...just another day in paradise!!!!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment