Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Captain's log: 11/10/11-11/15/11

      As you can see this blog-thing is not going to be an everyday thing. I'll keep trying but, even on essay tests I was not a very good bulls#$%er. " just the facts ma'am.... Just the facts"   Not good at just filling in space.
       So, What's been happening?  Cleaning the boat , starting the engines, painting the bottom, potluck, storing the coach. Geez!!! It's a lot of work being homeless!  Dorene did see something we didn't see last year. ..A 5 foot gator! Right next to where we always walked the dog! She must not have been plump enough yet.
     Look close it's in the middle of the picture. Of course size is just a guestimate but, guaranteed to be accurate for sure. For some reason that is as close as Dorene was going to get. Maybe next time she'll "Steve Irwin" sp? it for you.


I Know I showed you this last year but, there is something about guys and big equipment moving things that never gets old. This is Brady putting our boat in the water. He operates the travel lift remotely with a joy stick. It looks close but it is actually closer. He actually touches some of the boats/cars on the way by.
                                                                      CLOSE!
      This next pic reminds me of that final scene in Indiana Jones when the holy grail is put in the giant government warehouse never to be seen again.
That's the boat half way down the row.
          It's all worth it when it's back in the water. The boat is happy again!
                                         View the first night on the water.

            It's been awhile, now was that red on right or left?
Must have been left. We made it!

      Finally! Gulf water ahead!
      
        I really didn't want to do these next few pics (I do like to keep a few friends) but, What are you doing still living up "Nort"  for  anyway?
Dolphins just love our slow moving boat. They spot us about a half mile off and then make a torpedo line straight for us. This guy/gal ( they're close but I can't tell the diff.) swam just under the bow on his side looking up at me like a Lab saying, "come on just throw the ball already"

       This next pic is how us "southerners" watch the Pack vs. Vikings game.
     It's 80 degrees at game time, the gulf water is at the tip of my right hand and yes I am related to "Hobbits" .  I know some of you were already going there anyway. Come on they're only size 13, (12 and a half on a cold day) (shrinkage)  and it's a bad camera angle!

Go Pack!

(Dorene comment:).....GO VIKES  ---yes, "I" am still a loyal Viking fan!

(Jeff says:)  ....and I hope this doesn't get into a back and forth exchange here, but, capital letters? REALLY?  I thought she would make a comment on the "shrinkage"....not the Vikings!!!

....till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment