Monday, August 16, 2010

Captain's log: 08-16-10

So , what is a blog? A public diary? Public psychotherapy? A little of both I suppose.  Well I'm going to use it as our ship's log. So once we leave ( tentative date 09-20-10) it will be mostly boaty things like ports, weather, daily challenges etc.  Maybe some words of wisdom, that is if the dog decides to speak again, but for now just what we're doing to get things ready.
       This week-end I installed our new Danforth anchor. It was supposed to be a 23 lb. anchor. enough to handle a 45 foot boat (ours is 38) . I lost a lot of weight last year when I was sick but thought I was almost back to full strength. I struggled way more than I thought I should. Carried it from the truck, down the dock, onto the boat, inch by inch to the bow ( that's the pointy end of the boat), hooked up the shackle and got ready to heave it over. Then noticed the sticker....43lb. Danforth....I feel better. I have a good solid anchor and I'm not as weak as I thought I was.
      Today we finished the rebuild on the starboard carb. Now both are done and running well. Next up is fuel water separators for both engines and of course there is always varnishing the teak.

No comments:

Post a Comment