Sunday, August 8, 2010

Poem

..just read this in one of our boat books while "researching"...loved it! Amazed at her age!!!

A SIMPLE LIFE

Gentle power, a calm sweet push
Tightens the sails in a glorious rush.
The sun on my back is soft and hot
and I watch the speed go up a knot.

Little gusts come and go
Like people who I've been lucky to know.
Some I lost track of, some sailed away
And some I hold dear in my heart today.

And just as a I wonder about the next swell,
I wonder about my life and I never can tell
Where I'm  going, though I know where I've been,
And will I ever relive this again?

My life's like an ocean with shifting seas,
Rising and falling, pulled by the breeze,
But always moving, never at rest,
And rather unstable it seems I've confessed.

Even so, my stability lies in my close friends,
The few that can cast their souls to the winds
And sail through the ocean, mother of all,
And probably never make a landfall.
                      -Melanie Neale (Age 15)

No comments:

Post a Comment