Monday, January 3, 2011

Captain's log: 1-3-11 (Day 108)

I want all you guys up north to feel really sorry for us so take a close look at this next picture.....
Can you tell what it is?.... that's right, it's FROST! and it took until almost noon to get up to 70 again. We are suffering so badly down here!.... Seriously, they had an article in a local paper about how are the construction workers going to cope with the 30 degree mornings? .... Send them to Minnesota , they will figure it out.
        That was 2 days before new years eve. The next picture was New Years eve on the dock with our Canadian friends, Ron and Donna from "No Snow"

You know how in Minnesota they say we have Spring, two days of Summer, then winter. Well in Florida it's Summer , two days of Fall , then Summer again.  New Years Day was also good so went exploring in the back  "bays"  with our dinghy.

Ron and Donna leading the way.
     OK, I'm digging for interesting things here. O, speaking of digging I found my first million year old shark's teeth. I'm going by the archeologist we met who said any teeth that are black are over a million years old because it takes that long to turn them from white to black.

I know to a Floridian that's about as interesting as a snow bank to a Minnesotan. So.... I'm still lookin for my first manatee.

In another month I'll have web feet and then in another ... voila'... I'm a "merman"!

These next three pictures are examples of me digging for something interesting but, hey compared to traveling down the Mississippi River and crossing the gulf, sitting in a marina just doesn't cut it.
Bike rusting in 1 month more than it did in last 30 years. Salt water!

It's heavy , it's hard as a rock and it floats! You probably knew that but I found it floating near our boat this A.M. I didn't know coral rocks float.

Last but definitely not least... that little round thing is my neighbor's old TV antenna... it's on my boat now. I didn't steal it. He got a new one and he was gracious and gave his old one to us. The plus for me...we got the Packers/Bears game . The plus side for Dorene... we got rid of the "hillbilly" antenna. She never complained but this one is definitely more "StarTrek" looking.
     If this didn't put you to sleep get out the warm milk.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment