Monday, January 31, 2011

Captain's log 12-31-11

     Finally ! Some excitement. People always ask, "Do you do alot of snorkeling, skin diving, ...swimming?" I say, " No. I am a boater not a swimmer. I stay in the boat where I was meant to be. Ya, you guessed it . I took a salt bath this morning. In my defense it was the "first" one in over two thousand miles of boating. not bad I think.    Our neighbor sailor girl fell in last week at 2:00 AM ( Dorene heard that one). I believe alcohol was involved.  No alcohol was involved with mine.Although as I write this I think that would give me some excuse. Anyway ,I was washing off the dinghy after a ride to Stump Pass and was at shore in only 1 foot of water beside the boat (4 feet under the boat). As I stepped out of the boat I hit the slippery slope from the one foot area to the 4 foot area. Note to anyone who plans on doing this in the near future:  holding on to the side of the boat as you are going down only helps to turn you from vertical to horizontal a bit faster. (more exciting that way). It was all over in a second and no pictures. That's good but, of course it did not go unappreciated. Sailor girl caught the show so I'm thinking it's not just between you and me anymore. Good docktail conversation starter I guess.
     Now forget that ever happened and look at this!  No, not another sunset.... a sun rise! This doesn't happen that often. ..No , the sun rises every morning and I expect it is beautiful more often than not. We're just not up to take a picture of it as often as a sunset.
      Did I mention the bow of our boat almost hangs over the tiki bar next door? Well not quite but I could swim over in less than a minute and as I mentioned before ...I can't swim ya know.... (sorry Tim I can't spell that exactly how it was originaly spoken. It just doesn't look right to the censors.  I had a point here, what was it? .... Oh ya guess who is playing the bongos with the band. One guess. Hint: It's not me.

   Too bad we're only here for another month. I think next year this may be a regular thing.  If I could just get  the girl to come out of her shell just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment