Sunday, September 19, 2010

Captain's log: 09-18-10 (Day 1)

8:00 AM Sat. Ready to go!!!.... No wait. The captain neglected to do a trial run on loading the dinghy. Theory didn't work like reality. I needed 2 eye bolts, none at the marina, none in Alma, so 20 miles later Ready to go again!!! So official start time 11:50 AM on 9-18-10. So if this was a race we are already 4 hours behind schedule.  For anyone who's just joining us ,just a reminder, this is NOT a race and there is NO schedule!
     Day started out cool,no ,Cold and rainy. Overcast all day until sun came out for a beautiful sunset at our 1st stop at Trempealeau marina..fittingly called "Sunset Bay Marina"
     Eagles are like sparrows on the upper Mississippi so I promise I won't let Dorene post 5000 pics of them but, here is one.

     Note from the Dog:  Did I mention that I voted to leave in August? This may be my spot till the end of this nightmare.

1 comment:

  1. OK...I think you must have August on your brain as well as the dog. You just posted that you left on 8-19-10. LOL. I'm enjoying your blog already. We hope to leave Texas early next year...maybe we will meet you in Florida sometime.

    ReplyDelete