Friday, September 24, 2010

Captain's Log: 9/24/10 (Day 7)

Wow! What can I say? Just got done looking at all the flooding pictures from back home. Wow! Guess we won't be able to out run that mass of water at 8.2 mph.   We may have to find a safe harbor when it "catches" up to us and sit it out until it recedes.  We will keep you posted!
    No pictures tonight. Got rock and rolled in 30+ mph winds while traveling today. Made it to East Dubuque Illinois...(yes, across from Dubuque, Iowa)... No crashes, lost one fender (one of my favorite BIG ones) . We tried our "man overboard" drill to save it and let's just say , you don't want to fall overboard on our boat. It will probably beat us to Mobile. (and yes, we wear our life jackets ALL the time while underway!
    To all our friends up Nort. Stay dry and safe!!.

4 comments:

  1. Aw...Dubuque and East Dubuque, my hometowns. I was just there last weekend. Thanks for this blog. You're doing something I've always thought I'd like to do someday....it's making it a bit less romantic than I'd thought, but that's reality right? Glad to hear you're playing safe with the life jackets, something my mom always insisted upon when we were anywhere near the Mississippi. Thanks again, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me I was going to tell you to help yourself to the other two fenders in our GRH slip.....wanna turn around I will meet you halfway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. doug/lisa...! just start! we will wait for you once we get to a warmer spot!!! LOL...take care! dorene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh that sounds like a dare....safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete