Monday, September 20, 2010

Captain's log: 9-20-10 (Day 3)

I might as well get it over with and tell ya straight up. My wife saved the boat today! In my defense I was distracted,but that is no excuse.  I was piloting a zigzag course through a maze of floating weed islands which had already clogged our engine intake hoses 2 times before and were about to succeed a third time, when she says, "That red buoy is on the RIGHT.  She could of said Hey stupid that red buoy is supposed to be on the left. She is so tactful, but would have been right either way.
    
     Now we're talkin. I'm going to mount this on the front of our boat to chop weeds! Seriously I have to thank Joe for his help and pat myself on the back a little. We had to alternate shutting engines down and blowing weeds out. So I spent a good share of the morning in the bilge, while Dorene acted as captain. (much better than me)
(mcgregor marina)
(bird sanctuary)
     Tomorrow should be interesting. We are parked on a dock on the channel and as we speak literally hundreds of pounds of weeds are piling up on our running gear. They sell Hondas where we are at so the pictures for all the people (that care)at Great River Harbor back in Alma, Wi.

1 comment:

  1. We are happy for you that your journey is successfully under way but we miss our former slip mates and Scappy does too. Another potluck broke out last night and our friends used your slip but we still wish it wasn't available...Bon Voyage from Burl and Nadine

    ReplyDelete