Monday, November 1, 2010

Captain's Log: 10/28-11/01/10 (Day 41-44)

Been a few days since last we talked. Where do I begin? Things certainly keep changin da furtha sowth we all wander. Catfish , gumbo and dental work. I am just stating the facts here so don't get all judgemental on me . The people at our last marina were the nicest , most sincere people but there was not a complete set of teeth between the four of them.
    It's probably my northern imagination (ignorance) but I didn't get off the boat at night at this marina. Thought I heard banjo music in the distance.
Note from the dog: Ok enough of the tooth talk. I have all mine! see...
And it pays off. Look what I attracted on the dock!
Check out the tongue, who cares about teeth!
       But seriously.  I am not looking forward to the next section of river. There are only 2 marinas for the 230 mile stretch and we only cover about 50 miles per day so there will be some nights on the hook.  It turns out we are more marina people than anchor in the middle of a river, in the dark, by ourselves, on Halloween. Maybe it was just the Halloween part. We did have a trick or treater though. At first I thought it was a river rat, but when it got out of the water I was sure it was a wild pig, but turned out to be a 50 lb. beaver. Also saw 2 deer swim across river in front of us today.
   
    
          
    

Actually this anchorage was beautiful and peaceful. This is Paige and Dorene rowing Moka to shore to do her duties, which she refused to do so instead it was just exercise.
This is a picture of our boat just before I broke one of the "rules of 2". As in too windy, too dark, too foggy, too stupid etc. We were waiting for the fog to lift so we could leave the marina and enter a lock. Someone else called the lock and no big suprise,since the tows were probably too smart to be running, they could get us right in. So off I went with 3 other boats. Spent the next hour in thick fog. Once again thankful for modern electronics. They can save stupid people sometimes.
      Lots more to say but like to keep these things short, so I'll leave you with a few pictures of the day...
white cliffs of Epes
   
     
house about to become "boathouse"
personal trainer on my boat
And like the kids say... Peace out... till tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. Hey 30 Below! I was crew on Bailout. Enjoyed meeting you all at Pirates. We tied up in Pensacola due to weather - a wild tie up but no scratches. Recommend Eastern Shore Marina in Fairhope. Great town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE THAT is the biggest beaver ever! big as a wild boar, for sure,
    ah, leave moka alone guys,
    you definatley need to walk her more,

    i think we found an uglier dog than moka, that paris hilton dog is hidious. no offense to the owner

    ReplyDelete