Thursday, November 11, 2010

Captain's log:11-11-10 (day 55)

Finally, I think I have the new crew trained. Crossing Mobile Bay. A little bigger than Lake Pepin. About 35 miles end to end. Even though we spent most of the day in 6 to 9 ft of water.
Nothing to do but pedicures. Foolish me I thought they were driving the boat.
Meanwhile.... This is me loosening the new shaft seals while underway. Trying to get them to cool better.     

Our boat rafted to another at LULU's . Jimmy Buffet's sister's restaurant on the ICW just off the bay. (Gulf Shores, AL.)  
Inside LuLu's
And this is what it's all about. A group of dolphins played in our wake and guided us in to our marina today. It's a good thing they knew where to go too because my crew was absolutely worthless once the dolphins were spotted. Hey! Where did everybody go? OK, so you don't see that on
lake Pepin.
     
   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment