Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Captain's log:11-15-10 thru 11-17-10 (day 60-62)

Today was kinda sad. Left port for the first time in 3 weeks short one crew member. It was kinda tuff but we managed to get away from those darn commercial pilings without Paige's muscle. Sorry Paige you missed the ocean dolphins today. They are very big and seemed to like our boat. Probably because it moves slower than the rest. They loved going under the front and then coming up in the back about 3 feet from the boat and following us. Hard to stay on course when the entire crew is watching the dolphins.
   I can't remember if I mentioned but the last day Paige was with us she noticed an "electrical smell" coming from the bilge. Short moment of panic ...then down in the bilge to find it. No luck. But then I remembered I had tried to start the generator earlier but it didn't start and must have shorted out. With the help of our "lifeline Joe" I will try to figure it out tomorrow. Too tired tonight.
     Tonight in Panama City, Tomorrow Port St. Joe . The last stop before Carrabelle and then  the "crossing" of the gulf. For those that don't know. It is 181 miles of open gulf that at 7mph can't be crossed in one day so we will leave one morning drive thru day, all night, and arrive the next morning. Did I mention (I didn,t realize until just now) that I am still afraid of the dark. I think the gulf is very dark. No street lights out there!
      On a lighter note there has been another mooning! Happened at McGuires Irish pub.

The guy is made out of wood so technically it's probably a woody not a moonie.







Notice the dollar bills on the wall? It is estimated there is over 750,000 , but I think they underestimated by quite a bit. They were everywhere. Safe travels.  

No comments:

Post a Comment