Sunday, November 14, 2010

Captain's log:11-12-10 thru 11-14-10 (day 56-58)

Sorry, I have not posted for a few days, but I have been very busy. Sunsets, dolphins, sunsets, dolphins......you get the picture.
   I think Paige has had enough of us but it was bound to happen.  We have had a GREAT time with her and  we will always remember these last 3 weeks with my deck slave; anchor hauler; bilge sniffer; organizer/cleaner and all-around muscle when I need it!  So, today we were making arrangements to surprise her with her boyfriend (Lucian) in Destin, Florida. We had been watching the movie "Brother, Where Art thou"  so I started the day with a prophecy....  I said, "Today, you will see great and wonderful things. You will find great treasures, tho they may not be the treasures that you seek." And sure enough when we arrived in Destin , Lucian was waiting on the pier/dock. (She WAS surprised because she thought she would be spending another week with us.)    It took us a little longer to get docked than usual because we had trouble getting lines to the pilings.  I was concerned that we were going to have an episode like in the movie "Forrest Gump" where Forrest jumped off the boat before it was stopped.  I think Paige did finally jump and she made it!
     I turned my back on them for an instant and I guess the surprise was on us.......













I think you get the picture. And the next picture I think was her answer....
And the treasure you seek?
Nope. That's not it....  This next one is....
We are HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY,but enough of that and back to my day.  I changed the oil, fixed a hinge on a hatch, and  watched the Vikings lose. Yea I am a Packers/Bears fan anyway.
       You are right my day isn't interesting at all So... back to Paige and Lucian.    Since we were staying at a beautiful marina we took them out to eat on the dock and watched the sunset.
Great food, then smores at the table.
And then I ordered a special ending for such a special day!




Note from the dog:   

Wedding? Did Somone say wedding?
    
   
         
    
             

No comments:

Post a Comment