Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Captain's Log: 10/28-11/02/10 (Day 45 or 46)

     Looks like we will be sitting out some weather/wind in Demopolis, Al. Last marina before a 217 mile run to the gulf and Mobile Bay. They say people stop here for a few days, weeks, months, and even years. Thought they were joking but just met someone who has been here 20 months.
      I don't want to beat a dead horse here but in regards to what I said yesterday, and I am not making this stuff up I give you this story: Now I know I won't do this justice because it's kind of one of those "you had to be there stories". We were standing on the dock talking about seeing some deer swim across the river when a dock worker, I'll call him Billy Bob, to protect the innocent recounted his deer story. Now you have to picture Larry the cable guy to really enjoy this.  he said he and a friend were boating  when he saw a pair of antlers moving across the river. Now it was 2 weeks after deer season and Billy Bob must not have gotten his buck and was still holding a grudge because he told his friend , and these are his words "get on over by that deer. I'm going to drown me that deer". His friend said you can't do that but if you are going to try I gotta see this so he drove along side the deer. And Billy Bob grabbed the horns and......... Billy Bob turns to us boaters (whose mouths were all wide open) and says, "He was right. I couldn't drown me that deer. he dam near killed me! I pushed and pushed but he just wouldn't drown."         OK I was right you had to be there but I've already written it and I type way too slow to delete all this effort.
This is our boat tied to the fuel dock where they fuel all the tows for this section of the river. And here is the most terrifying thing about this dock: we saw our first COCKROACH!! plural.  The good thing is I brought an extra dog leash and collar so now Moka will have some company on her walks.  Man those things are big!
Cruisers and locals discuss when and how to tackle the last section of river at "doctails"
Paige, still looking for her first real croc.
      

1 comment:

  1. Good thing you type slow...as a slow reader I can keep up!!!

    ReplyDelete