Saturday, November 27, 2010

Captain's log:11-26-27-10 (day 70-71)

     Making the crossing is alot like "prom" in high school...without the dance....without the great meal... without the limo ride.... for that matter without the , oh never mind. It takes a couple days to recoupe that sleep deprivation.  Because of that and the fact that boaters don't really live by the traditional clock anyway, we are having Thanksgiving today at Paige's and Lu's. (her first turkey)
I had a better pic but it was censored. I guess there are some things that you can't show , even with a turkey.
        
       Welcome aboard Denise and Paul from Minn. Let us know how your crossing goes. If you have any questions shoot them our way. After all we are soooo experienced now.  I guess we have quite a few people along with us. Dorene keeps getting comments on her facebook which she will occassionally share with me. She has 100's , no l,000's of  "friends" .   If I did facebook, I'd probably have about , I don't know.....3.....it seems to be a girl thing. I've noticed about a 95-5 ratio of girls to boys.....love the feedback though.   Least I know I'm not just sending this off into cyberspace for nothing..
     Well, ...the rest of the day will be devoted to eating, not writing.........


Note from the dog----I really didn't like this Great Dane of theirs (Jerzi)....but once I bit her in the chest and hung on like a "leech from hell"  I think she got the message.....I maybe small, but  I need big space.  This is a picture of me giving her my "I'm mean and dangerous" look.   
To me it really does look scary but, Paige (and everyone else) just crack up laughing whenever I make my scary face. I hope the picture is big enough so everyone can see it is really, really, really scary.      
  
Won't be back to boat until Sun. So see ya'lls then there then. (That's a Norwegian gone south)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the greeting! I love reading your blog because you are funny and witty! Makes me laugh! I have our friends telling me how much they like my blog too; happy to find one that makes me feel good!

    We aren't doing the loop, just escaping MN! Paul doesn't believe we will make the trip back up the MS again. Did that in early june, man was that expensive; would've been cheaper to leave the boat, drive up and rent a cabin on Pepin all summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude that pic of mocha kills me... nice writting dad. thanks for that pic of jeld ween... too funny

    ReplyDelete