Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Captain's log:12-21-10 (day 95)

This is our back yard for the next month. Notice the lack of snow. I'm not trying to rub this in to you guys left behind up Nort but I just can't get over this Christmas music drifting across the harbor. It's just not right...it's just great!  Sorry.
      I'm writing this on 12-20 but I'll probably post it tomorrow so what I'm about to tell you is happening tonight but it is really last night which you will read tomorrow which is starting to get confusing but, since all the chores (at least my list) are done I thought I'd write tomorrow, today so then yesterday will really be tonight. (I think I'm bored) Maybe it's time to get a fishing license.
       We've been invited to Hale and Janet's for supper and the football game. Dorene's Vikings are playing my Bears. Could we be growing apart after 32+ years? Maybe they just need someone to make fun of while the vikings do whatever it is they do.
      Did you notice that in my back yard picture there is a sailboat being towed by Towboat US? I thought sailboats had sails. I'll probably get comments on that one if there are any sailors in the crowd.
Do you remember the self uncorking wine bottles? Well today we discovered that the remaining bottles were growing small plantations of multicolored yeast. So this is me washing each bottle and repacking. We gotta drink faster. Way too many bottles to unload.
   
Note from the Dog: That's not the worst of it. Notice the marinated Kibbles and Bits bag in the corner. Ya , that was my favorite stash and now it smells like wine. I'm a tea totaler. In fact I will eat anything and I do mean ANYTHING... except alcohol of any kind.
 
   
Last night which was two yesterdays ago when you read this We had an early Christmas with Paige and Lu and his family. We made Swedish meatballs from scratch, pie and the whole bit. Since our grandbaby has four legs guess who got presents?
Yup. Jersey's lucky day!
And that's a wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment