Thursday, December 23, 2010

Captain's log:12-23-10 (day 97)

     I know I won't get any sympathy with this one but We went for a pontoon ride with Hale , Janet , Eric, Nikki and kids to the beach. Wind was a little cold and my fingers actually got a little numb. I know they were numb because I used to be a Minnesotan. ( I know, I can hear the violins now) . I thought when I got to Florida I would never feel that sensation again.
It was warm at the dock so I spent the AM varnishing the exterior teak. Can't really see it in the picture but take my word it looks nice!  We moved the boat to a better slip today with a wider dock the old one was barely a foot wide and slightly slanted. The picture doesn't show it well but was kinda scarey for old people like us (me) not Dorene to walk on.

old dock.

NEW DOCK!!!  how perfect is this?...our boat "30Below" from MN.  is parked next to a boat named "No Snow" from Canada...LOL..

     This marina stores up to a thousand boats up to 40 ft long indoors and then retrieves them by forklift when the owners want to use them. This is a picture of a $900,000.00 forklift. (they have 4 of them) Again the picture doesn't show it well( i should have stood by it) the wheels are over 5 ft. tall.
    I actually went on my own blog today for the first time and read it from the very beginning. Thanks to a short memory I enjoyed some of the parts I had already started to forget. I agree, it has been quite an adventure. I also can watch movies a second time and still be suprised at the ending too.  We won't be doing much traveling , at least for the next month, but will still post anything that might be of interest. I know. Some of you are depending on this to put you to sleep...  I'll keep it coming but, probably not everyday. Paige and Lu are coming to the boat for Christmas (with a great dane!) so will probably have something after that!

    Now this next picture is my "still life"  version of a "perfect day".

Interpretation:

      A little work (varnishing wood), A little exercise(walk the dog),  A little fun (shell from the beach), A little good food on the grill, A little wine (watching the sunset).

Good night and Merry Christmas to all! 

   

2 comments:

  1. Hi Guys!
    I couldn't find where you are staying right now. Are you still north or have you moved down to the Ft Myers area? We are at Port Sanibel for 2 nights and then moving out to Salty Sam's in Ft Myers Beach tomorrow. Will be there at least thru the 5th. Would be a hoot to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh....you went right by us! we are at Gasparilla marina! we will be here until Jan. 17th and then going to Chadwick Cove Marina on Englewood Beach....then maybe on down to Ft. Myers Beach area!!! I know Ft. Myers beach area very well, so let us know if you need a good eating out place or?? good luck!!

    ReplyDelete