Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 78-79 continued

This probably falls in the catagory of WTMI (way too much information) but as I was showering today I realized I probably should have done a picture documentary of all the Marina showers I've used thru five states. . . You really didn't know where I was going with that one did you?
    What brought this to mind was as I was showering this AM I was facing someone else and not that far apart either. I thought , why did they do this? and the only thing I could come up with is they were trying to save on the length of pipes. Thus brought to mind the wide range of shower facilities I have been in the last 80 days. ( perhaps a book title? 80 days around the head/shower) .   From the high end where there is tile, mirrors, heated towels, and a ladie handing you towels. At least I think that was what she was there for.  To the other end of the spectrum where I think the shower was part of the owners house and so dirty that even I wore my shoes into the shower and kept one eye open while showering. (should have had no more tears shampoo).
     Actually there was one that I took a look in and decided I could go another day, or two, without a shower. Seriously there was a giant mouse hole cut into the door. I thought maybe for a cat or something. I asked the owner what it was for. He said , "I dunno it was there when we got the place" This was also a place where he had stepped on and killed a water moccasin snake  like it was nothing. I'll share the shower with some people but not snakes.
     Anyway back to today. St. Petersburg had a Santa parade and festival complete with farmers market and a snow hill for sliding.
  
       Miss Florida.

They interviewed a little girl and she said she had never seen snow before. I wanted to step in and say , " You still haven't. It's 65 tons of crushed ice cubes. It looked more like a giant margaritta.
     Tomorrow may cross the Bay to Palmetto , Fl.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment