Monday, October 17, 2011

Captain's log: 10-17-11 (day before the captain's birthday)

    Did I mention there is censorship on this sight this year?  the first mate said I couldn't use the word low rider because it wasn't politically correct. I probably shouldn't post after drinking wine either but, it's my site and if you are thinking of anything racial or ethnic then that is your right. When I say low rider I think of a car, or in our case motor coach, with a suspension problem.
     So, with that said our coach looked like a low rider today.  We hit some bad roads in Iowa and I was sure we blew our air bags. The back was about 6 inches lower than the front. I'm sorry I don't have a picture but it looked like a...........low rider. You get the picture.
    And this is a picture of Ken, our favorite Freightliner mechanic,
This is Ken showing us a 17 dollar part instead of the 3000 dollar bill I was already imagining. So for 127 bucs and an hour delay we were back on the road. (No more low rider)!!!!
     And for you fellow gear heads out there this is a pic of the part. A ride height control arm connector. A piece of rubber, probably manufactured for $1.50.  (the thing on the left)
Ken had it diagnosed in about 60 seconds. I would recomend the Freightliner shop in Palmyra , Mo. if you ever need truck work in that region.  Thanks again Ken for your fast, professional service with a smile.

Church in Italy?
Nope. Keokuk, Iowa. If you are looking for a summer home there are some really cool homes overlooking the river in Keokuk.
Another one.

Litchfield, Il. tonight- Paducah, Ky tomorrow.   3 days and 5 states later.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Captain!
    I hope your special day runs smoothly for you! Looks like you'll have a rainy day, sorry about that. They are forecasting 8" for Ft Myers by 8am wednesday morning! Better than a hurricane!
    I will never forget one morning in my bus (downtown Minneapolis) that I thought someone had shot the bus! There was a BOOM and then the bus started listing to the right until she was a low rider (frame touching the street). The air bag blew! All I had to do was call the shop and the passengers caught the next bus passing by. Good job on calling the best shop for your fix!

    ReplyDelete