Saturday, October 22, 2011

Captain's log:10-22-11

     Happy Birthday Dad!  I know you don't use the computer but I think Linda shows it to you now and then, so Happy Birthday!
     So here we are in Iuka, Ms.  For those who followed our boat trip we were here almost 1 year ago to the date. Even though the river is over 1500 miles long (give or take) the community of boaters is really quite small. As we were walking down the dock one of our first boat friends we met on the Miss. Near Saint Louis last year was pulling up to the dock. (Bob and Pam)..Wow! small world.  Then we find out that Ken and Judy who stopped in at our harbor in Wis. are also in the next marina.  And (I know you are not supposed to start sentences with AND)  but... And guess who else is here.... Bruce.!.. Last time he was in his coach and we were in our boat now it's visaversa.
                                                                        Bruce

    Moka says...


   If you look closely I am in the driver seat and if Jeff doesn't get this thing moving I'm heading south on my own. It has been 30 degrees here and I bought a ticket to Florida not Mississippi. To top it off he forgot to get propane.
      Hold on now! In my defense (this is Jeff) I stopped for LP at noon and they told me the fill guy wouldn't be in until 5:00 PM. So realizing that I am in the south I asked again, are you sure? The reply was yes , he's my son. OK. So I walk out and then think, wait, I am in the south. I go back in. He's your son? Are you sure he's coming in? YES. OK.
     It's a 10 mile round trip. So 5: o'clock I' m back right on time . (I'm from up Nort). Mike, the LP kid is there. Yippee! Mike takes one look and says,"I don't know how to fill coaches."
       Did I mention it's now 5 o'clock on a Friday?
This is me NOT filling with LP  for the second time. Real exciting huh? Well don't blame me you asked for this.  

      Oh , here is something exciting...

Actully this is a German meal Made especially for us By Marilyn in Grand Rivers, Ky..for my B-Day.  I just realized that German meals look really gross but, taste really great.

    Marilyn at "Sugar and Spice"... you gotta stop there.


                                                       Good Nite!














   

1 comment:

  1. We didn't realize you would be following the river going south route!
    We have been filling our propane tank at Bay Springs Marina while passing thru. Seems to me they only charged us $20 for a 30lb tank.
    Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete