Thursday, October 27, 2011

Captain's log: 10/27/11

    Sunset over Wal-mart , Ozark, Alabama.
I think we are far enough south for now. The weather reporters were complaining of a "cold" front coming through tonight and it will just make the low 70's tomorrow! Wow!
Just threw this one in cause it's the only one I have of me driving the coach. Going over the Tennesee River. The one I really wanted was a picture going over the Joe Wheeler dam bridge. It is a 1920's Model "A" width bridge.  It says 10 1/2 foot wide clearance but, that's assuming your wheels are up against the wall and the vehicle you meet is only 8 feet wide. Of course there are no pics of the really cool things cause your knuckles are too white to take pictures.
       Did I say that there were about 250 boaters at the seminar.?  Lots of cool stories, and not all about boating. People have alot of amazing stories that got them to this seminar.

     This is me amazing them with some made up story....blah blah blah. You can see I've already lost one and I'll have the rest sleeping in just a second.
        Did I mention that the classes were way cool?  This is one of the visual aides/props that we could get in and try out if we wanted to.  If you don't know what this is...good! 

What is that on the bottom of the pool? Did everyone show up after the last class?

A total of 57 boats attended. They will eventually get to Florida ,most this fall, and we hope to connect with some of them as they go by us in Englewood.
Joe Wheeler State Park is an amazingly beautiful place....if any of you get close, you should stop and check it out.


Are you sleeping yet? I am...good nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment